Describe how you developed your skills in the use of digital technology for media production and evaluate how these skills contributed to your creative decision making.
Over the past 2 years in my media studies I have created a thriller film opening in year 12 and a rock music video in year 13 as well as to include a digi pack and website design for the band. within both productions I have had to research similar products that I would use as inspiration and as guides to the codes and conventions of the specific products. This research helped me gain ideas and add to the overall creativity within my products.
For both years the source of my inspiration and research was fueled by the website you tube due to it being a large source of videos which included both music videos and film openings form which I gained my ideas and was able to expand on them. after finding the film openings that gave me the most insight I used the website Wikipedia to gain additional information on the per-existing products in order to let me better understand them and adapt any new ideas I had for both music video and film opening.
when looking into my film opening the pre-existing products were a big help in letting me understand the specific codes and conventions of thriller videos for example within looking at Indiana Jones it gave our group the idea of an artifact however also looking at other thrillers such as silence of the lambs where new questions keep arising we were able to incorporate this into our opening by making it so that the artifact is only seen for a brief moment in order to make the mystery surrounding it seem more intriguing for the audience.
also from silence of the lambs we came about with the interrogation idea in order to make the audience more confused and ask more questions however we made the questions more indirect allowing them to come up with their own theory's as to what is going on within the film to add suspense and keep the audience entertained.
For the music video I used inspiration once again from videos found on you tube such as other sum41 songs and more modern rock bands such as 30 seconds to mars and fallout boy. however at the same time still taking the main idea from slightly older songs by bon jovi with the main music video inspiration being 'its my life' with the boy running to the concert.
I feel that working on the music video was helpful to me as I had to research new codes and conventions for the rock video in comparison to my thriller opening which allowed me to develop my skills using digital technology even more.
I feel that overall the music video allowed me to greatly expand on my skills using digital technology due to me having to also include a website for the band and a CD cover for the Digi pack. Being made to make a website I was able to improve my digital skills through out the use of the website 'wix' which allowed me to make a fully functional website for the band of the song (in this case sum41) and I was capable of making a successful website by going back and looking at the official sum41 website as well as other websites from the same genre such as Greenday and blink 182.
For the use of the Digi pack it allowed me to improve my skills using adobe Photoshop as I saved a blank CD cover case design, including back design and inside cover and by using adobe Photoshop I was able to improve my skills by designing my own CD cover and case.
Overall I feel that over the two years working on my media products I can say that my skills have improved in all areas from website usage, to planning and preparation due to it seeming to be easier and flow much smoother this year then last and also in my program skills such as adobe Photoshop and movie editing software such as Sony Vegas and final cut pro.
Nathan, you are too vague on AS Level. Far too vague. Youtube is an obvious option but what about final cut pro? What about Photoshop?! You're missing a trick here!
ReplyDeleteE GRADE